Fall 2018 / Spring 2019 Activities
Candidates are welcome to come in any time on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday to work on a practice test.
Schedule an appointment today so you can receive a personalized calendar with target dates of completion to steer you to your goal!
- August 28 - First day of school for most schools
- August 22 - Deadline for September Institute - Evening classes
- September 3 - Office closed for Labor Day
- September 17 - First day of September Institute - 6 - 9 pm
- October 3 - Deadline for Fall TExES Reviews - MUST BE SIGNED UP TO ATTEND - Sign up under the STUDENT AREA Tab > Test Prep Registration
- October 3 - Deadline for November Institute - Day classes
- October 8 - Office closed for Columbus Day
- October 10 - TExES PPR Test Reviews - Night 1 - 6-9 pm
- November 1-15 - Accepting applications for Spring 2019 Clinical Teaching
- November 6 - First day of November Institute - Day classes - 9am - 3 pm
- November 19-23 - Office closed for Thanksgiving
- December 21 - Jan 4 - Office closed for Christmas Break
- January 16 - Deadline for February Institute - Evening classes
- January 21 - Office closed for MLK Day
- January 17 - Deadline for February Institute - Evening classes
- February 11 - First day of February Institute - Evening classes - 6-9 pm
- February 18 - Office closed for Presidents Day
- March 6 - Deadline for April Institute - Day classes
- April 15 - First day of April Institute - Day classes - 9 am - 3 pm
- April 19 - Office closed for Good Friday
- April 26 - Office closed for Battle of Flowers
- May 1-15 - Accepting Application for Fall 2019 Clinical Teaching placements
- May 22 - Deadline for June Institute - Evening classes
- May 27 - Office closed for Memorial Day
- June ?? - SAAPA Job Fair! More info as we get closer - YOU WANT TO BE HERE!!!
- June 12 - Deadline for July Institute - Evening classes
- June 17 - First day of June Institute - Evening classes - 6 - 9 pm
- June 26 - Deadline for July Institute - Day classes
- July 4 - Office closed for Independence Day
- July 8 - First day of July Institue - Evening classes - 6 -9 pn
- July 22 - First day of July Institute - Day classes - 9 am - 3 pm
Need Observation time?
Do you need assistance in setting up your 30 hours of field based experiences?
The first and best option is for you to gain field based experiences as a parent volunteer at your child's school. Chances are, you have already been cleared to be on campus as a parent, and you can contact the campus directly and set up parent volunteer hours.
If that is not an option, you will need to apply to a district for observation hours, and each district has a different procedure.
You will need to email Carol Maki (email@example.com) with the following information:
- What district do you want to observe in?
- Provide the names of two different campus' where you would like to observe.
- Carol will send you an email with the specific district application procedures.
- Once the required paperwork is complete, the district will notify ACT that you have been cleared for observation.
- Carol will then send you contact information for you to call and set up dates / times for observations.
Some districts will only allow observations in high need areas, some districts may take up to 2-3 weeks to reply with approval.
Be patient and we will notify you as soon as approval comes in.
Program NEWS - Sept 1, 2018
September 1, 2018
Candidates will receive a text alert that the test managing company is changing from ETS to a new vender, NES.
DONT PANIC! The tests are not changing, only the company that manages registration. Beginning Sept 1, candidates shoud be able to go to www.tx.nesinc.com to register for a test and download a study guide. You WILL need to create a new account on the NES site with your TEA ID#. Be patient ~ there may be kinks to work out and links to correct. Candidates should be able to register for tests beginning Sept 4.
We are cleaning up folders! Since we keep our candidates active for 2 full years, you may be hearing from us soon to check your status ;and see how we can help you move to JOB READY!
Take ALL your TExES tests via PACT BEFORE you sign up for the training component.
Since there is a 5 test limit on each teacher certification exam, it is important that you contact our office with your test results. ACT will be offering remeditaion opportunities after every unsuccessfull attempt to help you pass your exams. Documentation of these remediation efforts will be necessary should you reach your testing limit and decide to apply for a testing waiver with TEA.
Once your training component or field based observations become 5 years old, you will need re-do both activities to remain current. Please notify our office to discuss your options. Our office will keep your file active for 2 years which is plenty of time to compelte the requirements to look for a teaching position. We will only keep files in the "inactive status" for one year before we professionally dispose of your information.
EC-6 CORE and 4-8 CORE - Read the Preparation manual carefully to make sure you understand the options for retaking subtests.
Considering Clinical Teaching in Spring 2019?
Clinical teaching is a 14 week placement with a fully certified teacher and is open to any ACT candidate that has completed all the requirements (including field based experiences!) This option could be especially beneficial to candidates that have passed all their testing requirements. Complete the application from our website and turn it in at the office.
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (2)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (2)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (2)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (2)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (1)
- January 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- December 2015 (1)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (2)
- June 2015 (1)
- May 2015 (1)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- January 2015 (1)
- December 2014 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- October 2014 (1)
- September 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)