What Makes Our Program Special? Back
Posted On: 02/15/2018
Are you looking for a place to earn your teacher certification? ACT San Antonio is a unique alternative certification program that is different from the rest. Our streamlined and affordable teacher certification program provides everything you need to quickly begin your career in education and become a certified teacher in Texas. Here are a few of the many things that set us apart from other certification programs:
- Our dedication to education drives us to continually provide the very best to our candidates looking to become certified teachers in Texas.
- Everyone in our office is a certified teacher, administrator, or has been an instructional assistant or substitute teacher. We feel that a program must really know the education system before it can prepare successful teachers. (other programs are run by people that have never been in a classroom)
- The majority of our training is completed through self-paced, self-managed learner centered activities. We have a face to face component that is facilitated by actual classroom teachers in small groups (25:1).
- Our training program is specific to your certification area
- Our curriculum is NCLB approved and guaranteed to be in alignment with the educator standards.
- Each candidate will be assigned a Field Supervisor that is available to them round the clock. (other programs have "coaches" that only come in to your classroom to complete the state minimum number of observations)
- All of our Field Supervisors are certified classroom teachers - totaling 650+ years of experience in the classroom and TTESS trained. Each candidate will receive a guaranteed minimum of 6 classroom visits and meet monthly with a small cohort for on-going professional development and support throughout the first year.
- ACT offers our candidates TEXES practice tests for self-assessment for no additional charge. In the 2014-15 school year, ACT candidates had a 99% pass rate on the PPR exam. Other program set candidates up for tests for which they are not qualified - causing candidates to spend excessive money on exams. They also charge for reviews and materials.
- Multiple locations. Not from San Antonio? ACT has two other locations in Texas, making it convenient for others in the state to earn their teacher certification with our program.