Benefits of Becoming a Teacher Back
Have you ever considered becoming a teacher? Teaching is a fulfilling job with lots of laughs, new bonds constantly being formed, and all the while, you are making a difference in your student’s lives. Here are several benefits of becoming a teacher:
· Job security- There are always positions open for good teachers, especially if you teach high demand subjects like math, science, or foreign language.
· Summer vacation (and other time off) You have time to pursue other interests during summer break, whether that is planning for the next school year, taking a relaxing vacation, or taking some summer classes at your local college. You can also use this time to volunteer or take up a new hobby.
· Making a difference in your students lives. Every day, teachers mold the future through impacting their students’ views and understandings. (After all, you may be teaching a future writer, scientist, or president.) As a teacher, you see the fruits of your efforts as you channel your passion and creativity into helping students become excited about learning every single day.
· Bonding with students and other teachers- You bond with a new set of students every year. These bonds grow and strengthen throughout the school year.
· Every day is an adventure. Your lesson plans change day to day, but so do your students. Some days those lessons might not go as planned, but every day will hold something new. Every day will hold laughter as well as learning. This variety will always keep you on your toes and you will never get bored when you are a teacher.
· Work hours- Most schools finish by 3 or 4, which works especially well if you have children of your own. While additional work hours may be required for grading and preparing for the next day, you can do this from the comfort of your own home. School finishing at an early hour allows you to clean up your classroom and get home at a reasonable time to do the things you need to do.
These are only some of the perks of becoming a teacher. The fact that you are reading this shows that you are interested. Changing lives for the better, molding our future leaders and having summers off, WOW!