Why Choose ACT? Back
Posted On: 08/15/2017
ACT is an alternative teacher certification program that is designed to expedite and simplify the process of becoming a teacher. What is an alternative teacher certification, you may ask? Alternative teacher certification is a process one can complete in order to become a teacher. There are many different alternative certification programs out there. Why should you choose ACT? There are many great reasons to choose ACT if you are looking to become a teacher. We are a unique program that offers more than our competitors. Here are a few of the reasons you should complete your certification through ACT:
- Everyone in our office is a certified teacher, administrator, or has been an instructional assistant or substitute teacher. We feel that a program must really know the education system before it can prepare successful teachers. Other programs are run by people that have never been in a classroom. We believe it is important for our future teachers to learn from others with the necessary experience.
- The majority of our training is completed through self-paced, self-managed learner centered activities. We have a face to face component that is facilitated by actual classroom teachers in small groups. This allows our certification participants to learn at their own pace, in their own way. We want to make the process to becoming a certified teacher in the San Antonio area as easy for you as possible.
- We do not require additional university coursework. This is why ACT is a great alternative for people with the desire to be teachers that do not have a degree. It also speeds up the process of being certified. Instead of having to complete four years at a university, our program participants are certified in a fraction of that time.
- Each candidate will be assigned a Field Supervisor that is available to them round the clock. We want you to be the best teachers you can be, that is why we assign field supervisors that are available when you need them. Your supervisor will be with you every step of the way. And best of all, all of our field supervisors are also certified classroom teachers.
- ACT San Antonio’s program costs include all fees necessary to become a certified teacher. ACT San Antonio does not have additional fees such as tuition, books, building use fees, parking fees, etc. ACT also offers our candidates TEXES practice tests for self- assessment for no additional charge. The money you save using our program can go towards supplies for your classroom!